Smile Group are looking for someone who is passionate and fun to join our team engaging the community and developing a team of fundraising volunteers across the patch. Without a team of fundraisers we are unable to raise funds for the vital work that we do at Smile Group. The fundraiser will be expected to attend and run the events with support from the team as well as attending business networking meetings and other events to talk about what Smile does.
1) To provide relief to those affected by perinatal mental illness, and their families, by means of support, advice and services complementary to those provided by statutory services.
2) To advance the education of the public in matters relating to perinatal mental illness.
3) To advance the health and education of the public and in particular new parents, by providing support, advice and information about parenthood.
Wages and hours
The current role is for 22 hours per week with a annual wage of £23,400 – £24,375 (FTE). The hours are based on need of the service and events taking place. Mileage will be paid at £0.45p per mile. Other expenses will be paid when pre-arranged with the Operational Director after discusssion.
This role is to cover all areas of our service in Cheshire East. We have groups in Macclesfield, Congleton, Sandbach, and Nantwich which you will be expected to access. Events will take place across the whole of our footprint. The worker will be home based on a day to day basis.
Duties and responsibilities
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the group’s services and strategic aims in order to identify funding sources to support them – including attending groups on an ad hoc basis in order to support this;
- Develop a programme of events to engage the existing Community of Smile Supporters and maximise the individual giving programme;
- Establish an individual giving programme;
- Help to create a fundraising plan for the identification of suitable grant opportunities and support the fundraising team (Operational Director, Bookkeeper and Fundraising Trustee) in the applications;
- Create an offer for potential corporate partners who wish to support the group – this will include attending business network groups and will be 3-5 hours of your time;
- Raise the profile and awareness of Smile through Social Media campaigns;
- To provide regular reports to the Trustee Board around the fundraising plan quarterly;
- Lead and maximise the opportunities for our group of dedicated volunteer fundraisers to generate income through community events;
- Attend team meetings where appropriate and Liaise with the Operational Director on a weekly basis;
- Attend 6 – 8 weekly supervision around personal development and wellbeing;
- To adhere to all internal policies and procedures.
Skills and capabilities
- Have a very good understanding of perinatal mental health challenges (first-hand ideally but not essential).
- Experience of at least two fundraising channels from grants and trusts, community and corporate fundraising
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to provide information, which is clear, methodical and easy to understand
- Ability to organise own time effectively, meeting deadlines while showing good attention to detail and maintaining high quality.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- Experience of evaluating feedback and producing reports
- Empathy with the ethos and values of the Smile Group and ability to be an ambassador for the organisation
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative
- Creativity, resilience and the ability to work in a developing environment with a “can do” attitude
- To be able to maintain confidentiality at all times except when it is necessary and understand these times.
- Show compassion and kindness when engaging with parents who are experiencing suffering.
- To be able to drive and hold a full driving licence and valid car insurance.
- Ensuring all work complies with data protection policies and legal requirements including GDPR and Safeguarding
- Attendance at meetings, events and training requirements as per the working terms and conditions of Smile Group.
Closing date for applications
5pm on Monday 6th September 2021
Week commencing 20th September 2021
For an application form and any further information, please contact Operational Director, Ruth Williams, via email@example.com